PHCA: K-12 + Preschool
Plaza Heights Christian Academy currently offers the following sports opportunities for our students:
Jr. High and Varsity Cross Country
Jr. High and Varsity Volleyball
Jr. High and Varsity Cheerleading
Jr. High and Varsity Boys Soccer
Varsity Girls Soccer
Elementary, Jr. High and Varsity Basketball
Elementary/Jr. High Track
The Plaza Heights Christian Academy Athletic Program is dedicated to help each athlete through building upon his or her athletic skills and developing his or her overall character and sportsmanship. Sports can and should be an important part of every student's educational development. Very important principles can be learned through sports that cannot be taught in any other environment.
Each athlete participating in the Plaza Heights Christian Academy Program is expected to:
1) Maintain academic standards that have been established in the Plaza Heights Christian Academy Handbook which states, "a GPA of at least 2.0 or better must be validated for a student to participate in a particular sport."
2) Learn the spirit of hard work and sacrifice.
3) Learn to attain physical fitness through good health habits.
4) Desire to develop to the fullest of his or her potential.
5) Show respect for both authority and property.
6) Accept the added responsibilities of handling himself or herself with higher standards of personal conduct.
Through our athletic program, importance will be placed on each player's self-awareness of his own actions (Col. 3:17) and attitude (Phil. 2:1-5) as well as his or her own role involving perseverance (2 Peter 1:1-11) and teamwork (1 Cor. 12:12-27).
To help cover the costs of gym rental, officials, uniforms, sports equipment, and other extra costs associated with our athletic program, a $150.00 sports fee will be assessed for any student wishing to participate in a sport. The fee will be assessed for each sport in which a student enrolls. The fee is due before the first practice.